Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Currently back in Los Angeles for 9 days. 5 of which have already gone by, 4 more to go. While here, I have already spent way too much money on food and material goods. Items bought:


unisex acid wash jersey deep v-neck from aa


knit suspender skirt from urban outfitters

denim leggings from ebay. 80% spandex, 20% denim!

Plus many more items that I would rather not spend the time trying to find pictures of on the internet. The weather has been rather gloomy here. I was hoping that upon my triumphant return, I would be greeted with 80 degree weather, but instead thunderstorms and chilly winds was what I got. I feel like everywhere I go, I bring the the rain. I hear the sun decided to come out right after I left Amherst, how typical.

Overall, I feel largely relieved by the fact that I will not be spending the next 3 and a half months here in LA. The novelty has worn off even in these past 5 days. As desperate as I was to come home after this past semester, I've gotten what I needed to out of this place and I am partially ready to head back to the valley now. Oh wait, I haven't gotten In&Out or Pinkberry yet. Well okay, after I finish THAT, I will have nothing else I need from here.

I will say this though: coming out of this second year of college, I have never felt more lost or confused, and I'm more than glad that I won't be doing my soul searching here in LA. It's funny that where I have to find myself is where I lost myself in the first place. Here's to you Amherst. Cheers.

No comments: