Sunday, July 6, 2008

Siq Beatz

Tagged. 7 songs I've been into recently. Honestly, this was hard considering
a ) I've been really bored of all my music recently (so these are all old songs)
b ) I hate playing favorites.
Thank god for itunes' most recently played count, huh? Anyways, here you go in no particular order:

CocoRosie - Werewolf



Before this past week, this song had only been played twice on my itunes. I don't know where I was before it now. Off The Adventures of Ghosthorse & Stillborn, I usually would skip a few tracks so I could listen to 'Animals' on the album; I guess that won't be happening again. Beautiful voices & haunting melodies, this song tugs on my heart strings whenever I listen to it now.

Enon - Mr. Ratatatat



I was originally looking for a video for 'Law of Johnny Dolittle' when searching for this band, but this song will do too. Really, all I want is to be that girl. C'mon now!

Goddamn Electric Bill - Lost In The Zoo



Introduced to me by Caitlin a few months back; I still haven't been able to stop listening to it. Probably one of the prettiest songs I've heard in a long time, with a siq music video to boot! Listen to this one, you won't regret it.

MGMT - Kids



I don't know what this music video is cause those two are definitely not the members of MGMT, but it's entertaining anyways. This song is fun to dance to! fun to walk to! fun to do just about anything to. Fuck Vampire Weekend.

T.Rex - Mambo Sun



Forever a favorite. "With my hat in my hand, I'm a hungry man for you. I got stars in my beard, and I feel real weird for you. Beneath the bebop moon, I'm howling like a loon for you, beneath the mambo sun, I've got to be the one for you." Sing it, baby.

Panda Bear - Bros



I don't think I have to say much about this one. Amazing song & Panda Bear is my boo, 'nuff said. Marry me Noah Lennox, let's make love & music.

Jens Lekman - Black Cab



Originally heard in Dan's car on the day we went to his beach house. He played this track over and over and over again. Next thing I knew, I couldn't get that intro out of my head and it's been playin' over and over and over again on my itunes ever since.

Summer jamz? Hardly. These are mostly just songs I've been listening to on repeat for awhile now. I can't find any new music that interests me, help? ...is there anybody out there? ...hello?

No comments: