Thursday, June 12, 2008

The more one talks, the less the words mean.


Sometimes I get this feeling where it seems like everything in my life is black and white. I am in constant struggle between using my head and my heart and even though I know which one is right, I don't know how to go about making the "reasonable" and "smart" decision. Days have seemed longer recently, but I've been okay. There's just that lingering feeling of the color blue permeating somewhere in the caverns of my mind. I don't know, maybe I just woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

I applied for a second job writing film reviews for an indepedent movie company's blog. This was probably a bad idea considering writer's block is starting to take hold of me again.

I'll return to myself again. But till then, I suppose lyrics will have to do for now.

I’ve been sleeping so strange at night
Side effects they don’t advertise
I’ve been sleeping so strange
With a head full of pesticide
I got no plans and too much time
I feel too restless to unwind
I’m always lost in thought
As I walk a block to my favourite neon sign
Where the waitress looks concerned
But she never says a word
Just turns the jukebox on
And we hum along
And I smile back at her


I look forward to the few hours I have in my day where I can lay in bed, put on my headphones, and have my thoughts blared out of my head. Cause I know that somewhere out there, someone else is doing the exact same thing to escape.

No comments: